Las Vegas has long been one of the most desirable locations for trade shows and conventions. Not only is the city a popular destination, but there is tons of food, lots of things to do, and transportation is easy to accommodate.
The area is bustling with people all year long, making it an incredibly convenient location to find success in the trade show industry. If you’re traveling for trade shows, you have so many choices. If you’re local, it’s the perfect opportunity to gain access to hundreds of shows and millions of people.
The Las Vegas Convention Center was built for just this purpose. It’s loaded with multiple amenities and has more than 3 million square feet of space to work with. At least 2 million of that square footage is designated to exhibit space!
About Las Vegas
Las Vegas has often been called Sin City because the environment can certainly get people in trouble at the casinos and on the various strips. However, it has so much more to offer.
Some also refer to Las Vegas as the City of Light thanks to the neon lights and building lights that you see everywhere you go. It’s a gorgeous setup and has so much to offer people. Of course, you can spend time hanging out on the strip, but that’s not all there is.
There are plenty of casinos, a multitude of shows, and did we mention delicious cuisine everywhere you look? It’s home to options like Chef Gordon Ramsay’s restaurant and more! In addition, you can enjoy zip lines, Fremont Street, live music, and shopping.
If you have time, visit areas outside the lights of the city and explore places like the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation, which is not far away. Be sure to check out the Fountains at Bellagio, local museums, and the famous Ferris wheel.
The climate and weather aren’t bad. Remember that this is Nevada, so the summers can get pretty warm. It’s an overall safe area when you move about in groups and stay in the popular areas.
This is the largest and most popular convention center, but there are other options as well. Some of those include World Market Center Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay Convention Center, and more.
Las Vegas Convention Center
The Las Vegas Convention Center is easily ranked as one of the most popular locales for conventions, trade shows, and expos across the country. They have tons of guest rooms and plenty of space for shows to set up and spread out. There simply are not many other convention centers that can compete in terms of space and overall amenities.
The entire facility covers an expanse of 4.6 million square feet. More than 3 million of that is dedicated to the convention area, housing more exhibit space than you will find at competing centers.
This convention holds a CBAC STAR Facility Accreditation. The accreditation means that the facility has undergone extensive work to ensure health, wellness, and resilience measures are in place, including for events within the facility. They can adapt and keep people safe in many different ways.
The center is only 4 miles from the LAS airport, making travel convenient to get to and from for flight purposes. They have several restaurants on-site throughout the facility, and they provide client business services as well.
General Information (Fast Facts)
This facility has one of the most competitive prices of any other convention center, with rates that equal out to about .35 cents per square foot per day.
Check out some of these other fast facts about the Las Vegas Convention Center:
- The largest room in the convention center measures 623,058 square feet
- The total trade show space is 2,934,153 square feet
- Close proximity to more than 150,000 guest rooms
- Theater capacity of 1,440 people
- Classroom capacity of 848 people
- Innovative underground transportation system
- Easy access to Las Vegas monorail
Seven Top Trade Shows to Be Held at the Las Vegas Convention Center in 2023
The Las Vegas Convention Center hosts trade shows all year. There are a number of great options and popular shows that you can participate in. Take a look at these 7 top shows planned for 2023 to start your planning process.
- Winter Fancy Food Show
The Winter Fancy Food Show will be hosted in Las Vegas January 15-17, 2023. It will be in the West Hall, which is a recent addition to the convention center. This event is one of the largest specialty food events in the area, and you won’t want to miss it.
Food services, buyers, idea generators, and more come from all over to bring their offerings to the public and share an extensive variety of ideas with the world. The show is packed with people and is making major impressions in the industry.
- IWCE Expo
The IWCE Expo is scheduled for March 29-30, 2023 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. It’s centered in the north hall of the facility and will host more than 300 exhibitors to the world for critical communications and specialties in that region.
The displays here are all about intercommunication and will sport things like virtual reality, artificial intelligence, and other unique systems or infrastructure that fits the bill. The trade show is all about supporting public safety, as well as other critical systems, through means of communications and related infrastructure.
- National Association of Broadcasters (NAB)
The NAB show happens twice a year. In 2023, the National Association of Broadcasters will be held in Las Vegas April 15-19. From empowering anyone who creates content to providing products and applications for broadcasters, this is a must-see event.
The things shared here are completely innovative and use the most advanced technology and tools to really make a statement. There is so much to see and learn for the broadcasting industry.
- World of Concrete
The World of Concrete Expo is scheduled for January 17-19, 2023. This event happens every year here and the setup encompasses more than 700,000 square feet for the exhibitors and attendees to see what vendors have to offer. The show brings in more than 1,500 companies to exhibit.
This is certainly one of the largest shows of the area, and it’s an international show, which only adds to the intrigue. There will be supplies, products, equipment, tools, and more taking the stage.
- The International Builders Show (IBS-NAHB)
The International Builders Show, also known as IBS-NAHB, will be hosted in Las Vegas January 31-February 2, 2023. This show is all about the business of building, which means it has a broad niche to fit into. It’s designed for residential construction professionals. You get extensive exposure, the perfect audience, and some awesome awards are presented.
This show typically has somewhere around 80,000 attendees.
- World Tea Expo
Check out the World Tea Expo, scheduled in Las Vegas for March 27-29, 2023. This isn’t just about tea, but also discusses providing solutions to potential disruptions in the industry and learning to collaborate to grow your business.
That being said, you will certainly learn a lot about tea and get to experience creations from across the globe. Anything related to tea or innovation for products related to tea is welcome. This show sees more than 50,000 attendees each year.
- IECSC Las Vegas
IECSC Las Vegas is currently booked for June 24-26, 2023. The acronym stands for International Esthetics, Cosmetics, and Spa Conference, and it’s all about an industry geared toward pampering. This show is extremely popular in the spa and self-care industry.
There will be opportunities for education, as well as the chance to mingle and network with others. The show hosts more than 600 exhibitors and 22,000 guests.
10 Reasons to Hold Your Event in Las Vegas
Las Vegas is absolutely a city of wonder. But don’t take our word for it! Take a look at these top 10 reasons Las Vegas is a popular event location:
- Massive Event Space: This city is packed with event space. We already talked about the Las Vegas Convention Center, but other sites also have tons of room as well. The Virgin Hotels Las Vegas is small and cozy with 130,000 square feet. The Expo at World Market Trade Center boasts 315,000 square feet. There is space everywhere to accommodate any type of event.
- World-Class Accommodations: Within walking distance of any of these convention centers, you will find space for nearly 150,000 guests. Even shows at the spacious Las Vegas Convention Center don’t typically extend beyond this number to accommodate. There are options for everyone and every type of budget and it’s all close by.
- Attendance Counts: If you’re going to invest in a trade show, you need to know people will be there. And we don’t just mean a handful of people. This location often brings in more than 10,000 guests to each expo and conference. The space accommodates the people, which means higher attendance.
- Planning Accommodations: If you’re an event planner, the different convention amenities are phenomenal. You will be closely engaged with staff to figure out the details and make your plans for the perfect event.
- Airports: Whether you use the Las Vegas Convention Center, or another nearby facility, you will find that transportation is simple. You’re only a few miles from popular airports. You can easily grab a rental, ride in a cab, take a shuttle, or use a rideshare service to get where you need to go. Las Vegas has more than 1,000 flights in and out every single day.
- Transportation: In addition to the airports, you have other transportation means right at your fingertips. You can get around town using a rideshare and other services. There is also the monorail, a convenient Vegas Loop, and plenty within walking distance.
- Location is Everything: Location is everything in Las Vegas, and with the convention centers, you’re in a safe place with close access to anything you could possibly desire. You can be anywhere you need to go within a few minutes in most cases.
- Vegas Weather: The weather in Las Vegas is almost always sunny. In an average year, they experience more than 300 days of sunshine. There is very little rain, making walking easy. The climate is dry and warm, not getting excessively cold in the winter times. It can get hot in the summer.
- Dining Options: There are world-renowned restaurants throughout the city and tons of other dining options. You can choose from any type of cuisine or meal and find whatever it is you’re craving in Las Vegas.
How Blazer Exhibits & Events Can Help You Exhibit at the Las Vegas Convention Center
Blazer Exhibits is dedicated to making sure you have as smooth an experience as possible for your trade show. Whether you want to purchase a custom-designed booth or rent the booth that’s right for you, we’ve got you covered.
We make every effort to help you every step of the way. This includes handling the minor details and always staying in communication with you. We provide support for your questions and any insight that you choose to provide. We always touch base with you after a show to determine if changes should be made.
Let us take care of the planning, set up, tear down, and even storage details for your trade show exhibit. We work within your budget and do everything we can to prevent unexpected expenses. We also work with your third-party requests to prepare your booth for a show.
Blazer Exhibits has been working in the trade show industry for more than 38 years. We’ve learned what works and use our experience with innovative ideas to bring you customized, unique exhibits perfectly tailored to your needs.
Contact us today to learn more and get started creating your trade show exhibit.