It’s not enough to have a booth at a trade show. You need a booth that stands out and gets people curious about you and your brand. The booth must be inviting and easy to navigate. Once you get visitors, you’ll want to keep them, so be sure your booth offers incentives to stay and learn more.
Part of putting together an impressive, attention-grabbing booth is choosing the best lighting. Don’t underestimate the power of great lighting. It shouldn’t be an afterthought because lighting can truly make or break your trade show booth.
Illuminating Trade Show Booth Design
The design of your booth is important and there are many ways to create a booth that is visible and inviting. You’ll want your booth to not only draw people in but also keep them there so they can learn more about you.
The Impact of Lighting on Trade Show Booth Design
Thoughtfully placed lighting highlights what is important. Lighting sets the mood and creates a welcoming environment. The placement and presentation of your displays are accentuated with the right lighting. Intentional use of lighting leads your booth visitor where you want them to go and shows them what is important.
Tips For Drawing Attention with Strategic Lighting
Strategic lighting means being intentional. You are using lighting to direct the attention of your visitors to your products, branding, or anything else you want people to focus on. Keeping the “spotlight” on your products should always be the goal, they are the star of the show. There are so many ways you can use lighting to draw attention:
Illuminating Products and Displays
When it comes to lighting your products and displays there are some fantastic options. The goal is to create an eye-catching display that entices people to visit your trade show booth and stay to learn more. Here are some ideas for lighting your products:
- Directional spotlights that dramatically showcase your product.
- Lit displays that draw people in.
- Illuminate your shelves using creative techniques.
- Play with backlighting or lighting under display shelves.
Setting the Mood with Lighting
Lighting is an effective tool for putting the spotlight on your products, but it also sets the mood and creates atmosphere. While spotlighting your products is a good idea, you also want to avoid harsh lighting that can put people off. Avoid harsh, glaring lighting if you want people to come to your booth and stick around.
When considering lighting for your booth, consider the following:
- What mood are you trying to create? Modern? Futuristic? Warm and inviting? Energetic or relaxing?
- Who is your target audience? This is a big factor. Are your ideal visitors young? Are they older? Are they families or salespeople? Tune your lighting to match what you are trying to attract.
- Don’t overdo it. Good lighting pulls your booth together and accentuates what you have. Be sure your lighting doesn’t distract or overwhelm.
Enhancing Branding through Lighting
Lighting should complement your brand. It should make sense and should be consistent. Don’t switch things up or it will create a confusing experience. Once you find what works, keep at it. The way you use lighting will become just as much a part of your brand as your logo.
Your trade show booth display lighting should enhance your branding, not compete with it. Be sure that your brand, logo, products, and people are the focal point, with your lighting playing a supporting role.
Energy Efficiency in Lighting for Trade Show Booth Design
When you are planning your trade show booth design don’t forget to consider energy efficiency and sustainability. This is especially the case with your lighting choices.
LED lighting is the smart and sustainable choice for your trade show booth. Here are just a few advantages of LED lighting:
- Less frequent replacement. Your LED lighting will last considerably longer than halogen bulbs.
- LED lighting makes a more comfortable booth. Halogen lighting is hot, and booths are small spaces.
- Other types of lighting can damage graphics and banners with their heat. LED lighting is better and more sustainable.
Create Amazing Trade Show Displays That Draw A Crowd
Great trade show booth design is more than just a good layout and an attention-grabbing display. The right lighting takes both layout and display to the next level. It showcases your brand and creates an energetic atmosphere that gets visitors excited. Lighting can also invite people to relax and unwind. For example, if you provide a lounge space where people can charge their phones, be sure your lighting is warm and inviting.
Here are some key points to remember when creating your lighting strategy:
- Illuminate your displays in a way that spotlights your design or product. You want the right things to stand out so be sure you light them up!
- Attract the right crowd with the right lighting. Keep your target audience in mind.
- Set the mood with lighting. If you are hoping to get people to relax and stay awhile, avoid a lot of flashing lights or harsh, directional lighting. Go with something more diffused and warm.
- Keep energy efficiency in mind when creating your trade show booth design.
Let the Experts at Blazer Exhibits Help You Design Your Custom Trade Show Booth!