Exhibition design is tricky. If you’ve ever been to a tradeshow hall pre-show, you’ve seen what I’m talking about. The scene kind of looks like this: a giant empty warehouse full of crates, boxes, cranes, and people on top of very high places trying to hoist giant signs and other things to specific spots. Nothing about the pre-show prep looks orderly or even remotely calm, and trying to put an exhibition design together without any help is pure insanity – trust us.
But, we want to make your life easier, so we’re going to give you a few tips when it comes to exhibition design and setting up your custom displays. Take a look at these tips before becoming very overwhelmed with the mess that is the pre-show!
- Have a plan. You probably already have a plan of attack where your sales team is concerned, or you should, but the kind of plan we’re talking about pertains to how you will set up your custom displays. Figure out how you will lift things, put things together, what order stuff goes in, and how you plan to do it all – make a map, make a list, make something, you will need it.
- Know how you will transport your custom displays. How do you plan to get that display from where you are now to where it needs to go? Do you need different packages sent, do you know how to set up your transport needs? We can help you with this if you aren’t sure!
- Delegate: make sure that someone is responsible for setting up the fake floor or lights, and someone else knows where the signs go.
- Flights: this one might not be directly related to your custom displays, but you still have to get your people to the show, so figure out the flight schedules – and arrive in time to set up the booths!
- Plan your time wisely. You may find that showing up one day early works out, but you may also find that showing up two days early gives you the buffer you need in case you can’t get it all done in one day. Plan enough time in your schedule to complete all of your tasks.
Storing, Sending, and Setting Up
We’ve set up and seen more than our fair share of tradeshow booth displays. We know how crazy this process can be, and we can also help you get through it. Not only do we work with you and your team to build custom displays, but we will also meet you at the conference you are about to attend, so that we can help you set up your booth. Whether you plan on going to a conference that has a big draw or a smaller one, Blazer is all you need to get your booth where you’re going, and get it set up in time for the first conference visitor.
Call us today for pricing, details, or additional information. We also sell portable exhibits, which are much easier to transport and set up, so do ask us about those option if the concept of a much larger display seems way too insane to even tackle (we get it!). You can still customize any portable exhibits that we sell, so do keep that in mind as well. Our best advice, though, is this: try not to feel too overwhelmed by the whole tradeshow scene. We know that those large halls can seem really intimidating, but there’s no need to panic. Just arrive early, have a plan, or enlist our expert team to help you out.